Singapore Time

Friday, January 18, 2008

A moment spent alone doing something I enjoyed

"Ring..." The anticipated school bell rang. This meant the start of a weekend break I truly deserved. But before that, I had to go to Vicknesh's house to start doing the Literature project. A lot of effort was put in to get a good grade.

When I reached home, I was exhausted. Out of the blue, I had an insight on how to renew my strength. I would usually do something I enjoyed which is to look at my collection of items such as stamps and movie tickets that would bring back pleasant memories. At that moment, something caught my eye. It was the different coins and notes collected in Korea.

I would always have vivid and interesting memories of my six-day trip in Korea during the last November holidays. This trip was considered the most valuable trip as I got to acquire much knowledge about Koreans in the past and present. Apart from the knowledge I gained, I was elated as I even went to Shinsegae Chelsea Yeoju Premium Outlets to buy an Adidas shoe and bag.

The best part of the trip was to go to an amusement park called Lotte World. Too bad we were only allowed to play three games. My father and I rode an interesting roller coaster ride. Every country we visit, we would make it compulsory to ride the roller coaster. My heart stopped beating once the roller coaster started moving at 200km/h
. When all my three rides were used up, I did not complain but was contented with my lot but I felt unwilling when I had to leave Korea.

Just then, I woke up from my senses as my mother shouted, "Back to work, son!" I put down my album and started on my homework feeling fresh.

Coins and notes collected in Korea







Pictures of the three rides ticket and photographs of me.

Alert